Skialpinism is a winter sport that is becoming increasingly popular in the world and in Slovakia. Even in Snowparadis, skialpinists have many options, but they have their rules.
In the resort there are three set exit routes with a total length of about 4300 m. The possibility of output is from the sites Dedovka and Lalíky. All these routes are indicated on the map of the resort .
For the sake of general safety, it is very important to follow the rules of skialpinism.
In the rental company, located directly next to the cable car in Dedovka, you can rent complete ski equipment (skis, ski boots, belts, sticks).
Quality skis Cassiar and Ushi from the DPS brand, which is a technological leader in ski constructions, are offered. DPS uses carbon fibres and the most advanced aeronautical materials in ski structures. The aim is to produce skis that are lighter, firmer and more powerful than conventional fiberglass and metal skis.
- The rental service is open daily from 08:30 to 16:30 and on evening skiing from 17:30 to 20:45.
- Price for renting ski alpo gear: 1 day/ 40€ , 2 day/75€, 3 days/107€,...
- Contact: +421 903 384 730
RULES OF THE SKI RESORT SNOWPARADISE VELKA RACA FOR SKIALPINISTS WHEN MOVING ON SKI SLOPES AND ROUTES
1. Skialpinistic outputs and meeting are at your own risk and at your own responsibility. Upon arbitrary entry into inaccessible zones, non-compliance with closures, violations of the opening times of the centre and instructions of the Mountain Rescue Service (HZS), the participant in the ski alpinist exit assumes full responsibility for his actions.
2. The ascents must be made along the defined ski-alpinist corridors within the centre(s) of the defined ski alpinist routes.
3. In particular, it is necessary to pay attention to the peaks ("parachutes"), narrowed places, in steep places, in icy terrain, while crossing the piste and not crossing in opaque places. It is necessary to pay attention to the traffic on the piste so that the skialpinista does not endanger and injure himself and others.
4. The rate of exit and descent must be adapted to its abilities, snow conditions, weather conditions, environment, as well as frequency on the slopes.
5. Access to ski alpinist routes and all slopes is prohibited for all from 16:30 to 08:30 !!! There is a risk of injury from snow-working cables and from machines modifying tracks, especially winches with a developed rope! There is a risk of death.
6. It is necessary to pay attention to mountain hazards. Before going to skialpinistic ascent, skialpinists are advised to check the state of snow conditions in the open air.
7. Skialpinism can be carried out only when there is enough snow, thereby avoiding damage to plants and soil.
8. It is important to take into account wildlife as animals are disturbed.
9. It is forbidden to enter the slopes and ski tracks and routes with the dog.
10. Ski alpinist routes are located on the territory of the ski resort Snowparadise Veľká Rača, therefore all visitors to that area must respect the rules of the White Code, which is published on the www.snowparadise.sk, as well as the instructions of the HZS.
11. By using the premises defined for skialpinism, the participant in the skialpinistic output undertakes to comply with these rules and instructions of the authorised staff. In the event of a breach of these rules being detected, the authorised employee shall instruct and call upon the participant to comply with the ski alpinist exit. In the event of gross, continuous or repeated infringements, the authorised staff member shall be entitled to prevent the participant in the ski alpinist exit from entering the designated premises for skialpinists.