General terms and Conditions
General terms and Conditions
The following general terms and conditions for the winter ski season 2019/2020, issued by Snowparadise, A.S., govern the provision of services – carriage of ski lifts and use of ski trails in the Snowparadise Resort and adjustment of rights and obligations with Related.
• Each visitor is required to use the transport equipment only with a valid ski passport. A skipas whose period of validity has not expired and for which the visitor fulfils all the required conditions is considered valid. All ski passes, except for the 8-hour selection, are not transferable and monitored by the Skidata system and can be used by only one person.
• A photograph of the skipper person shall be drawn up during each crossing through the turnstile. These photos are used for control purposes.
• By purchasing a ski pass, the customer consents to use his or her personal photograph for inspection purposes, as well as to store it in the control system for the period of validity of the authorizations indicated on the skipper.
• The smartcard backup is €2. The advance will not return to the visitor in case of loss or damage to the chip card.
• 4-hour ski pass is non-transferable and valid for 4 hours in succession from the first crossing of the Turniquette. Skipas is only valid for daily skiing.
• 8-hour selection ski pass (8 hours of the season) – the first crossing through the turnstile will be deducted from the ticket 1 hour, during which the ticket owner can make an unlimited number of rides. If, after this hour, no further crossing of the turnstile is done, the ticket remains 7 hours, which can be used again in any time during the operation of the transport facilities in our resort for daily or evening skiing. The next hour the ticket owner subtracts until the passage through the turnstile after the expiration of 60 minutes from the first crossing through the turnstile. Skipas is PORTABLE. Skipas also applies to evening skiing.
• Skipas 3 days from 5 – can be used for three days from five consecutive days. It also applies during the weekend. Skipas does not pay for evening skiing. Skipas is non-transferable.
• Skipas 5 days from 7 – can be used five days from seven consecutive days. It also applies during the weekend. Skipas also applies to evening skiing. Skipas is non-transferable.
• FAMILY SKIPASSES – The condition of the sale is the exact surname and the matched residence of all family members, the submission of the parents ‘ IP and the child policyholders ‘ licences. Children must meet the child discount condition – age up to 11.99 years.
• ALL SKIPASSES except for AN 8-hour selection ARE not TRANSFERABLE.
• Use only ski passes purchased at the center’s official outlets for transportation. Skipasses purchased outside sales locations are invalid and will be BLOCKED.
• A free bobsled ride applies only to children aged up to 5.99 years accompanied by an adult with a purchased ticket.
• In case of a skipass misuse, the operator reserves the right to withdraw it WITHOUT ENTITLEMENT TO COMPENSATION
• For evening Operation: Evening Skipas, SUPER season with evening skiing, 5-day Skipas, 5 days from 7, 8-hour selection, one-way cable ride, two-way cable ride
• Only 1 bobsled ride, a two-way ticket for the cable car + 5 rides on the bay track, applies to the Bay path. All ski passes including seasonal on the bobsled track do not APPLY.
• No refund is granted when the ski pass is lost or forgotten.
• No additional exchange, extension or change in the validity of the skipass is possible.
• In poor weather conditions, interruption of operation, bench danger or blocked slopes, it is up to the controller’s decision whether and to what extent the skipper will be reimbursed. For an earlier departure from the centre, the refund shall not be granted.
• Clients who will be caught without a ticket or with an invalid ticket must pay a fine in the value of the full-day ski pass with a 100-hour surcharge.
• CAUTION: A confirmation from a doctor should be provided for the reimbursement of travel after an accident. The return amount corresponds to the period from the time of the accident to the end of the passport. A cash refund is granted only for multi-day skipassports. If the validity passes through two parts of the ski season the uncounted average ski pass price is paid on the day of purchase of the ski pass.
• The validity of all passes usually starts on the day of their exposure.
• With the introduction of a contactless control system SKIDATA all skipasses are issued on a smart card. A smartcard deposit is EUR 2. Smart cards can be returned when the skiing is completed during opening hours at the centre’s offices, in the Racatik Information Office (on the square in Oščadnica), in the Snowparadise, in hotels, buffs and pensions in oščadnica or in a smart card slot machine In Dedovke and Apres Ski bar. The smartcard backup will be refunded only for INTACT and fully FUNCTIONAL chip cards.
BEWARE! From 16:00 to 8:30 are CLOSED TRAILS! There is a risk of injury to the cables of snowworks and from the machines regulating the lines, especially winch with a developed rope! (If there is evening skiing on the ski slope, the entrance is allowed at the time 17:30 – 20:30).
• The passenger must comply with the terms of the transport order, price list, white code and respect the instructions of the authorized person of the operator. A transport contract is concluded if the passenger uses his right to transport on the basis of a purchased ticket by taking up the transport facility or entering the boarding or exit area – accessible only with a valid travel document. Such conclusion of the contract, the participant confirms that he has been acquainted with the transport conditions, the price list and the white code.
• Please also observe the current announcements at the ski passes and when entering the transport facilities in the centre.
• The operator reserves the right to change prices. At the same time, the operator reserves the right to change information in the price list.
• Children under 16 years old are obliged to protect their head with a properly secured protective helmet.
• Children under 5.99 years of age are entitled to enter the transport equipment after the document is submitted “Policyholder’s card, passport” and after payment of a refundable backup of €2 per chip card. Children up to 5.99 years of age must have purchased a ticket 1 day in the nursery when entering the nursery.
• A free bobsled ride applies only to children aged up to 5.99 years accompanied by an adult with a purchased ticket.
• Tarifa CHILDREN pays for: children between 6 and 11.99 years of age, upon presentation of the policyholder’s card or passport.
• The JUNIORI fare applies To:
1. Persons who, on the day of purchase of the ski pass, have between 12 and 17.99 years;
2. Cardholders EURO<26, GO<26, ISIC and Itic;
3. Seniors born to 31.12.1958;
4. Holders of the licence (s) (to be shown in the cash register).
• When buying a passes at the JUNIOR fare, it must be demonstrated without prompting the appropriate card and the policyholder, civil card, passport or other document.
• When using discounted tickets or passes for a name and photograph, you must be shown on the basis of a call by the transport equipment operator in the centre of the valid identity card. Skiers used by a person other than his owner shall be withdrawn by the client and no refund shall be granted.
• When the ski pass is abused – using a non-transferable ski pass by another person and a child or junior ski pass by an adult, the operator is entitled to block the ski pass, without the customer’s right to pay the unpaid value of the ski pass.
• Group Discount 5-per group, a group of Min. 20 persons with the same type of ski pass is considered. A changing list of group members, stamp, signature is required. Group tickets are purchased and paid by one person (group leader).
• In case of misuse of a discounted ticket, the operator reserves the right to withdraw it without entitlement to compensation.
• Discounts are NOT CUMULATED!
• Poor ski and atmospheric conditions as well as continuous reduced frequency/speed on lifts and cable cars do not constitute the basis for partial refund for the purchased skipper.
• In the event of a break in the supply of electricity or a technical malfunction of more than 30 minutes, the customer will be returned an aliquot portion of the fare or given a discount on the next skipper.
• In the event of a power outage or adverse weather conditions preventing the operation of all transport devices, the operator may issue spare skiers for any other term in the season. The financial compensation shall not be granted.
• If some of the equipment (cable car, lift) is in operation, the replacement ski pass or financial compensation is not provided.
• If the customer has a subjective assessment of the adjustment of the slopes as unsuitable for skiing, the skipper replacement or financial compensation is not granted.
• The visitor is not entitled to compensation or renewal of the skipass in case of unused all days and unjustified failure to lift the ski pass.
• The customer is not entitled to an additional exchange, renewal or alteration of the skipass.
• No refund shall be granted to the visitor in case of loss, deterioration or forgotten of the skipass.
• A visitor who will be caught without a ski pass shall reimburse the operator of the price of the daily ski pass according to the valid price list + a fine of 100 the price of the type of ski pass.
• A visitor who will be caught with an invalid Skipass or with a skipass exposed to another person will be removed from the ski pass and incur an obligation to reimburse the operator of the price of that type of ski passport according to the valid price list + a fine of 100 Price of the type of ski pass.
• In case of an accident on the slope, it is necessary to present a confirmation by the treating physician with the identification of the patient’s incapacity for complaint. Every accident is a skier obliged to report to the operator in the customer service – Dedovka 40, 023 01 Oščadnica. The refund for undrawn days of skiing is granted ONLY for multi-day Skipassports (aliquot part). If the injured customer has purchased a 4-hour, 1-day or evening Skipas, we do not provide financial compensation.
• If there is damage to the ski equipment outside the slopes, we do not accept the claim.
• The place of claim under points 7 and 15 is the customer service at the administration of the ski resort in Dedovka.
• For the application of any claim relating to the financial compensation for skipasses, it is necessary to provide proof of registration for the purchase of a ski pass.
• By buying a ski pass, the customer undertakes to comply with the applicable operating order and white code (i.e. rules on movement and behaviour on the slope).
• CONSIDERATE of EACH OTHER – every visitor must behave at the centre’s premises, especially on the track, so as not to endanger another visitor and not cause him/her damage.
REASONABLE SPEED – Each alpine ski must have an overview in front of the ski slope. The speed must be tailored to its abilities and possibilities, terrain, weather, snow conditions as well as the density of skiers on the line. When travelling to the starting stations along the downhill track, each skiers are obliged to reduce their speed at least 50 metres before the arrival time, so as not to endanger their safety and also the safety of other people.
• DRIVING DIRECTION and LIABILITY – the ski-run skier must be SELECTED in a way that does not endanger the ride before it. The preference always has a skier at the front. A ski skier who rides for another skier must take care of sufficient distance to keep the front-door free of charge for the direction and way of driving.
• DRIVING DIRECTION – After the marked slopes are allowed to move only from the mountain downwards. It is strictly forbidden to move around the marked slopes in the counter direction! (Not applicable for the operation and staff of the ski resort)
• PREVENTION – Avoid being allowed from left and right but so that the pre-alpine skier has sufficient space to change direction and driving mode.
• Go TO the TRACK and start-UP AFTER a HALT – anyone who goes to the ski track or passes it, is obliged to make sure the top is not close to another skier to endanger himself or others and to prevent a collision.
• STOPPING – The visitor can stop and stand only in places where it is well visible and where it does not prevent others from taking the line properly. The stop and stand can only be on the edge of the downhill track.
• PEDESTRIAN MOVEMENT – Walk can only move away from the slopes.
• RESPECTING MARKINGS – Each must respect all markings placed on the downhill lines.
• ACCIDENT CASE – for accident on the ski track and outside, each alpine skier is obliged to provide assistance and to inform the person entitled. (Mountain rescue Service or the staff of the rope lanes or lifts.) Each participant in an accident is required to undergo a breath test on alcohol carried out by the authorised personnel of the ski resort.
• PROOF of IDENTITY – every participant and also a witness to an accident is obliged to provide the mountain service or the staff of the Centre with basic data on their person.
• SAFETY – Persons under 16 years old are obliged to protect their head with a properly secured protective helmet on the ski track. – The person who organises the activity on the ski track imposes an obligation to ensure that persons under 16 years of age are dressed with reflective safety clothing or visibly positioned reflective safety features. – The marked downhill tracks are treated in addition to the “Freerid” zones. Each visitor uses a track at their own risk and needs to consider their abilities in relation to the state of the lines, the weather and their throughput before use.
• SKIPAS – Every visitor is required to use the transport equipment only with a valid ski pass and must be shown to the centre’s call or other person entrusted with the performance of the inspection. A skipas whose period of validity has not expired and for which the visitor fulfils all the required conditions is considered valid. All ski passes are not transferable. All ski passes are monitored by Skidata and may be used by only one person. If used, the other person will be blocked as well as ski passes purchased outside the checkout centre.
• Every accident is a skier obliged to report to the operator in the customer service – Dedovka 40, 023 01 Oščadnica. Each participant in an accident and any injured party shall be required to undergo a breath test on alcohol carried out by the authorised personnel of the ski resort.
Every visitor has an obligation to familiarize themselves with these rules – “The white Code”. By purchasing a ski pass, using a transport facility or entering the centre’s premises, each visitor undertakes to comply with these rules. In violation of these rules, the visitor may be removed by ski pass and will be recognised from the centre!
If there is an evening skiing on the ski slope, the entrance is allowed from 17:30 – 20:45, as there is a risk of injury to the cables of snowworks and from the machines regulating the lines, especially winch with a developed rope!
By entering the ski resort, visitors are obliged to respect the rules of this white code. The basic structure of care services for visitors to the centre consists of the ski rescue service and the parking lot in the car park and in the area of the ski resort. The Ski rescue Service performs tasks in the Health Protection section, by providing first aid for injuries, especially on the slope. The order service overtakes control of the order under the slopes, parking lots, carries out the security of the entrusted property and directs car parking.
Each visitor, as well as skiers, are moving in the centre on their own responsibility, respecting the instructions of the staff of the ski resort, the ski emergency service and the service. If necessary, the use of a technique to adjust the slopes, the injured, the removal of acute defects in the slopes, visitors are required to increase caution and respect the necessity of using this technique. On the slope, this technique is circumvented by reduced speed and monitoring of the situation in its deployment and use.
The Centre operator reserves the right, in case of infringement of any of the principles and instructions contained in the White Code and in the general instructions of the operator, after prior warning, to prevent the person infringing those principles and instructions, entry to Ski trails, while avoiding such a person from using the services of mountain transport equipment by blocking a ski pass.
The ski slopes are prohibited:
• Skiing outside the specified operating hours;
• Skiing outside the landscaped downhill trails
• Enter the slopes with pets
• Ride on the centre’s premises as well as on the slopes of private snowmobiling, as well as other means of transport that could endanger the security of the Centre’s visitors;
• Arbitrary sledding and bobslewing,
• Without the approval of the centre operator to build slalom lines, or various terrain barriers,
• During the operational period, to perform supplies using a private technique,
• At the time of evening skiing, stay away from the illuminated slopes,
• To ski and to enter the ski slope at the time of its adjustment by technical means, as it threatens the possibility of serious injury;
• Move without a ski/snowboard
• Skiing with inadequate, health-threatening gear
• Enter the slopes and transport equipment, ski and snowboard under the influence of alcohol or other narcotic drugs,
• The output of the above-marked slopes or On the edge of the marked slopes is prohibited for skialpinists (not applicable for designated cross-country ski/Skialpinisticke lines where output is allowed).
Follow the rules:
• Slow down on the full slopes.
• Slow down in bad weather.
• Slow down on fatigue.
• Slow down in opaque curves and before the break of the slopes.
• Overtake with a large lateral distance, even if you do not hit, you can scare.
• Do not ski over the limit of equipment and abilities.
• Slow down on the slope, use of the technique, the emergence of an obstacle.
In the event of an infringement of this order, they shall be inferred against the infringers by the operator of the centre, to the extent possible, in more severe cases within the meaning of the relevant legislation.
By buying and paying the ski pass, the holder of the ski pass notes that the personal data provided when the ski pass is purchased are processed in accordance with the Law No. 18/2018 Z. Z. Privacy.
These general terms and conditions enter into force and effect on 1.11.2019 and are valid and effective throughout the winter ski season 2019/2020. These general terms and conditions apply to the provision of services-the use of ski lifts and ski trails in the Snowparadise resort.